Waxed canvas has been used for years without any washing or cleaning. The canvas is well known for the lovely patina it develops over time. Use brings out the unique character and special qualities of the fabric. Use your bag for years, it's appearance will improve with age.
If at some point you do want to clean your bag here are the steps we would follow, but remember the light touch is always the better way to start:
- Shake or brush off dirt, sand or any other abrasive material
- For small spots, start with plain water cold water and a sponge or brush.
- For stubborn spots or stains try a bar soap, flake soap, or saddle soap. Test a small area first.
- With a little soap, gently massage the spotted surface.
- Rinse with a sponge and cold water. Let the bag air dry.